The aviation industry is constantly under major technological and societal changes. Starting by an analysis of these changes and of the new skills required by the air transport workforce, skill-UP developed a set of transversal and specific training modules to address this need. These modules aim to support current and future workers in the process of skilling, upskilling, and reskilling themselves to be on top of the market’s needs.
Transversal Modules (TM) and Specific Modules (SM)
Three transversal modules have been designed for the four aeronautical professionals addressed in the project, namely pilots, airport operators, ATCOs and RPAS operators, targeting the following competences and topics:
• Problem solving & decision-making
• Artificial intelligence & machine learning
• Situational awareness
Training provider: UMalta
TM#4: STRENGTHENING PSYCHOLOGICAL CAPITAL
Training provider: KU
Four specific modules have been designed, each one for one of the four aeronautical professionals addressed in the project, targeting the following competences and topics:
• Change management for automation and emerging technologies for airport operators
• Change adaptability and stress management for ATCOs
• Learning and practice of new aircraft procedures for pilots
• Workload management and stress management for RPAS operators
Combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning moments and activities.
The students’ understanding of the course content will be assessed using online discussion, self-assessment questionnaires, case studies, etc.